Click for larger image
Diana's Book is Published!
In Stock Now
Order Your Copy Now and Receive
The Color Laminated Point Chart, Emergency Acupressure Points for Horses for only $5.95 (a $10.00 savings)
Acupressure Point Charts for Horses is an accurate, user-friendly guide to the locations and uses of 128 equine acupressure points and 14 energy channels. It includes:
- 400 Black-and-white photos of horses marked with the points and channels
- 100 anatomical illustrations of the muscles and bones near each point
- Text explanations that accompany photos showing you exactly how to find each acupressure point
- Instructions on how to apply acupressure in many different situations.
The book is made up of four sections:
Section One of the book uses large photos and text to provide detailed instruction in how to apply equine acupressure. It includes six pages of answers to commonly asked questions and charts showing when, how long and how often to apply acupressure to horses in many different situations and states of health.
Section Two includes twenty-two individual subject charts that give specific acupressure point combinations you can use to:
- Support your horse during emergency and illness situations such as colic, choke, injury, respiratory illness, fever, skin and eye issues*
- Improve physical health by strengthening muscles and tendons, supporting digestive health, increasing endurance, building the immune response
- Help the older horse, ease the stress of weaning and moving horses, training and competition
- Balance the emotions - you can use acupressure to soothe the nervous horse, calm the angry horse and prepare the performance horse
- Relieve soreness in the horse's neck, shoulders, front legs, back, hindquarters, stifles and hocks
- Maintain the health of the horse’s heart, lungs, digestive system, urinary tract, bones, eyes and skin.
*If your horse has a medical emergency always call your veterinarian first, then apply acupressure as time and safety permits.
Section Three includes 200 pages of point charts using photos, illustrations and text to detail the locations of 128 equine acupressure points and 14 energy channels (meridians).
Section Four provides suggested reading and source materials in equine acupuncture and contact information for holistic veterinarians.
"This book is a much needed resource for horse owners, equine body workers and veterinarians. It is extremely well researched and edited and the photos and illustrations are superb. The descriptive text is precise and written in language that is understandable to both layman and professional."
Kerry Ridgway, DVM, A Leading Veterinary Acupuncturist and Instructor
"Diana Thompson’s book Acupressure Point Charts for Horses is fabulous for all horse people who want to learn about keeping their horses vital, flexible and healthy. For veterinarians and other horse professionals interested in Chinese Medicine, acupressure and massage, the book offers some of the best photos I’ve seen for locating meridians and points. For lay people, this book is user friendly, with its layout and practical, precise explanations. Being an educator and author for twenty years, and a holistic veterinarian for thirty, I fully appreciate the work and effort that went into the making of this book. Hats off to you, Diana!"
Cheryl Schwartz, DVM, author, Four Paws, Five Directions, A Guide to Chinese Medicine for Cats and Dogs
Book Format: The book cover is a thick cover stock that has been printed and laminated. The interior pages are 80-pound glossy velvet paper. The book is bound with a semi-concealed wire-O binding. This allows the book to lay flat and gives it a spine so you can find it on your book shelf. You can rotate the pages 360 degrees to view one or two pages at a time.